Basic Pancake Batter
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons sugar (you may want to use 3 if you like your pancakes sweet)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk (sometimes you need to add a bit more)
Heat some oil or butter in a pan and pour a small ladle of batter into the pan to make a pancake. Cook until bubbles form; then flip the pancake and cook until the other side is golden brown.
Warm Peach Sauce
- 3 very ripe peaches, skinned and cut into small chunks
- 1 teaspoon (or more to taste) agave nectar
Before serving, dust the pancakes with some powdered sugar. Serve with the peach sauce. The teenager and hubby also added some maple syrup to their pancakes.
Question: What are your favorite pancakes? What's your favorite pancake topping?