Over the years, my love for ketchup has lessened a bit, and I've realized that there is such a thing as too much of a good thing... Plus, tasting the vegetables is actually a good thing! I still buy ketchup, but I make sure that the ketchup I buy is organic and has as few ingredients (that I can pronounce) as possible.
Recently, we introduced some ketchup to the toddler when we had baked sweet potato fries. Well, actually, I wasn't too eager to introduce the ketchup to him, but he saw the teenager eat it, so naturally he wanted some too...
I guess you can say he liked it...
In addition to ketchup, there are many other condiments that I enjoy these days. But lately I am much more selective and make sure that any condiment truly adds something to my dish. Here are some of my favorite condiments:
- Mustard (Dijon, sweet, garlic, coarse....)
- Wasabi mayonnaise - a little goes a long way
- Sriracha - I love adding a bit of spiciness to my food
- Relish (I used to not like relish, but I have come to love a good relish)
- Gochujang (a Korean red pepper paste) - I love adding a bit to my rice & noodle dishes...
- Tapatio hot sauce - so good with burritos, quesadillas, eggs
I hope you are enjoying your weekend! :o)