- Fruits (oranges, grapefruit, pears, & apples) – we ate these within a few days
- Savoy cabbage – I made a salad; I simply chopped the cabbage and we ate it with a bit of Trader Joe’s Goddess dressing. Hubby and I both loved it. The teenager said it tasted a bit “weird.”
- Butternut squash – I attempted to make fries, but they turned out a bit soggy. We still enjoyed them a lot though!
- Lacinato kale – I ate it raw in a salad for lunch one day. I’m not sure my family would have liked it, but I loved it.
- Green leaf lettuce and cilantro – Salad with lettuce, cucumbers and cilantro.
- Garlic – Creamy Garlicky Leek Soup
- Leeks – Creamy Garlicky Leek Soup
One thing I’m learning is that the lettuce and herbs don’t stay fresh very long. I actually hardly ever buy fresh herbs; in the spring, summer, and fall, I use what I grow myself, and if I don’t grow it, I use dried herbs. I made the salad on Sunday, and both the lettuce and the cilantro looked less than fresh. They still tasted good though.
Question: What’s your favorite herb? I LOVE basil and always have a basil plant on my dining room table…