We were all very excited when the box of Chobani arrived.
And here is what was in the box:
We don’t usually eat a lot of fruit yogurt but stick to the nonfat plain variety. I therefore couldn’t wait to try some of the fruit-flavored yogurts. The yogurt is very creamy, and I really enjoyed all the favors and especially liked that they were not too sweet.
First, I opened the pineapple, and I loved it. In fact, I think it was my favorite flavor. It was creamy, and the pineapple tasted nice and sweet but not too sweet. I think it's a nice “treat” yogurt instead of something else sweet. Unfortunately, the container was promptly high-jacked and completely eaten by the toddler (while he was watching his favorite PBS show by the way… I almost felt like he didn’t give the yogurt the respect it deserved…).
I used the peach yogurt as a dip for a fruit platter, and it was a big hit as well. The creamy yogurt went very nicely with the fresh fruit. I think the vanilla flavor would have also gone very well with the fruit. I enjoyed the vanilla flavor by itself, and, again, I appreciated that it wasn’t too sweet.
And I used both containers of plain yogurt (nonfat and low fat) in cucumber salads:
- 1 cucumber, sliced
- 1/2 container Chobani plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried dill (I love dill, so I like a lot of it. I would suggest starting with less and adding as much as you like)
I made the salad several times over the holidays, and everyone loved it.
And now to the exciting news. Chobani has agreed to send a case of yogurt to one of my readers. The only restriction is that you have to be a U.S. resident to enter. Sorry to those who are outside of the U.S. If you are a U.S. resident, here is what you need to do to enter:
- Visit the Chobani website. Then come back here to leave me a comment telling me one interesting fact you learned from visiting the website and why you want to win the yogurt.
- For an extra entry, link back to this post from your blog, and leave me another comment stating so.
- For yet another entry, tweet about this giveaway, and leave me another comment saying that you did.
This giveaway is open until Thursday, January 7 at 9:00 p.m. PST at which time I will select the winner.