Last night we visited the Garden Theme Park and enjoyed the holiday lights. I know that it doesn’t get that cold here in California, but I was freezing. I think it’s because I just don’t own “real” winter clothes anymore. When I lived in a colder climate, I had lots of coats, boots, gloves, hats, and scarves to keep me warm. But now I always think, “Oh, this is California. It doesn’t get that cold. I don’t need a lot of ‘warm stuff.’” Well, it does get quite cold at night, and I was quite uncomfortable. But the toddler had a great time and really enjoyed all the lights and walking around in the dark.
Over the past few weeks, I have received a few more awards. A big thank you to Tamara and Diane! I read both of their blogs every day and always take something away… And they have very different blogs. Tamara is in the process of losing the last few pounds and is trying to figure out what works for her with humor, honesty, & reflection. And Diane has lost 150 pounds and kept it off for 10 years, all while raising 7 kids! Plus, she lost the weight before she was done having kids, which means she lost the pregnancy weight over and over and over. She writes thought-provoking posts every day.
Tamara awarded me the Superior Scribbler Award.
The Rules & Regulations are as follows:
- Each Superior Scribbler must in turn pass the award on to five most deserving bloggers.
- Each Superior Scribbler must link to the author and the name of the blog from whom s/he has received the award.
- Each Superior Scribbler must display the award on his/her blog, and link to The Scholastic Scribe, which explains the award.
- Each blogger who wins The Superior Scribbler Award must visit this post and add his/her name to the Mr Linky List. That way, they'll be able to keep up-to-date on everyone who receives this prestigious honour.
- Each Superior Scribbler must post these rules on his/her blog.
Here are the rules that come with the award:
1. When you inform the recipient of their award you must also include these steps 1-6 with your post.
2. You will please add a link back to Lori E's site so others can find the award too.
3. You will please contact me with the name of the blog you are awarding so I can add them to the list.*very important*
4. You will NOT require the recipients to "tell 5 things about themselves" or any other lists in order to receive this award.
5. You will NOT require the recipients to pass this award to anyone else. This must be a personal choice that they make and not an obligation to receiving the award.
6. Share it with as many people as you like as long as I receive notification and you also post these steps with it.
Thank you Tamara & Diane for these awards. And I want to thank all my blogging friends for reading, commenting, and staying in touch by e-mail. My blog is one way for me to focus on joyous moments in my life and has truly enriched my life and helped me through a very difficult time in my life over the past few months. I want to thank all of you! That’s why I cannot only pass these awards on to a few of you…
Questions: What are your weekend plans? Is it cold where you are at? If so, how do you keep warm? I almost got some hot chocolate last night but decided against it. Looking back, I think I should have...