- Enjoy, cherish, and value my family every day
- Find a good work-life balance
- Be open to making changes/adjustments
- Be physically active every day
- Eat "right" yet enjoy life
- Go on a "date" or do "a date thing" at least once a week - I was VERY optimistic with this one!
- Be more organized - Still working on this one!
- Care about how I look (but don't obsess) - I had "let myself go" a bit too much...
- Be kind to myself and others
- Keep writing blog entries (for a family blog I was writing at the time)
- Document the toddler's every changing life
- Back to #1 - enjoy the toddler, the teenager, & hubby
I believe it can be helpful to have goals to focus us and to make us think about what's important in life. It is also very helpful to assess the goals on a regular basis and to see what we need to adjust. Writing goals down and then not looking at them for almost a year like I did is not the best way to do it though. I think I'll try to have monthly goals for 2010 and will try to assess them at the end of every month. We'll see how it goes...
Questions: What are some of your big and small goals? Or do you not believe in setting goals at the beginning of a new year? If so, why not? If you do have goals, how often do you plan to assess/adjust them?