Banana Pancakes with Strawberry Sauce
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 cup all whole wheat flour (or your can use 1 cup all purpose flour instead of half and half)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 2 very ripe bananas, smashed (the ones I used were almost “beyond hope.” I put them in a plastic bag and smashed them up.)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In a bowl, mix the flour, sugar, baking powder and salt.
- In another bowl beat the egg, then add the milk, bananas and vanilla.
- Mix the dry and wet ingredients together.
- Heat a bit of oil or butter in a pan or oil/butter a griddle and pour small ladles of batter in the pan/on the griddle.
- Let the pancakes cook on medium heat until bubbles form, then flip the pancakes over and cook on the other side until golden brown.
Prep and Cook Time: 15 minutes
- 12 Frozen Strawberries
- About 1 tablespoon sugar (use more or less depending on how sweet you like your strawberry sauce)
- Put the strawberries in a bowl and microwave for about 90 seconds, until there is some liquid.
- Transfer the strawberries to a small pot and cook them over medium high heat on the stove for about 10 minutes, until some of the liquid reduces.
- Add sugar to taste.
Prep and Cook time: 12 minutes
These pancakes were awesome, and I may be a “pancake person” after all!!! Oh, and the whipped cream didn’t hurt either…
Questions: Do you like pancakes? What are your favorite kind? What’s your favorite breakfast? My “everyday” breakfast is oatmeal, non-fat plain Greek yogurt, and walnuts. I love it. My “special occasion” breakfast used to always be something savory, like breakfast burritos. But after these pancakes, I’m not so sure anymore…