Here is what we got and what I plan to do with it:
- Apples – lunches
- Oranges – lunches
- A lemon – green juice or a salad dressing
- Potatoes – I roasted them for dinner tonight
- An onion – I used it in the salmon cakes I made for dinner
- Green leaf lettuce – dinner salad
- Broccoli – I roasted it for dinner tonight
- Fennel root – Not sure yet. Any suggestions?
- Collard greens – Maybe I’ll juice them again…
- Swiss Chard – Probably a stir fry
And we had lots of fun.
Yesterday’s dinner was quick and simple: A potato/bean/tomato salad, precooked lentils, and Greek yogurt (yes, the lentils do not look very appetizing, but they tasted good):
I put the potatoes and green/white beans in a microwave-safe glass bowl and covered them with a moist paper towel. Then I microwaved them for about 10 minutes. In the meantime, I made a dressing:
Potato/bean/tomato salad dressing
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoons Orange Muscat Champagne Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon gochujang (Korean red pepper paste)
- 2 teaspoons Aioli Garlic Mustard Sauce (from TJ’s)
Today I started the day with some yoga, which was very nice. We also went to a “beer and food truck event.” I was the designated driver, but hubby had a great time! Here he is enjoying a “Korean taco” and a Hefeweizen. And the toddler is focused on the free nachos he got after saying “hello” in Korean to the person in the Korean taco truck…
Questions: How has your weekend been so far? What’s been the best thing you’ve eaten? Any exciting plans for the rest of the weekend?