Ramen with Rapini, Cilantro, and Basil
Ingredients (Serves 2-3)
- One packet ramen noodles and 1/3 of the flavoring packet
- 2 cups water
- 2 eggs
- Rapini (one bunch, which is a lot!)
- Cilantro (3-4 stems, finely chopped)
- Basil (10 leaves, chopped)
- Garlic (2-3 cloves, minced)
- Salt-free “everyday seasoning blend” to taste (a few “shakes”)
- Bring two cups of water to a boil. When the water is boiling, add one-third of the flavoring packet, the noodles, rapini, cilantro, basil, garlic, and salt-free seasoning blend.
- Cook everything for about 3-5 minutes (until the veggies and noodles are almost done) and then add 2 eggs. I like to cook the eggs without breaking them up for about 3 minutes. That way, I can have the runny yolk coat the noodles.
- Serve with more cilantro on top.
We really enjoyed this simple meal. It was a nice reminder that sometimes the simplest, “forgotten” meals are truly the best…
Questions: Do you like ramen? Does it bring back any memories? What do you like to add to your ramen?