- Green beans
We also celebrated the toddler’s birthday some more over the weekend.
At his party, we had a balloon artist. His favorite balloon was a dinosaur, which he “rode” all over the restaurant…
He also had fun playing in the indoor play structure.
On his birthday, I got to spend the day at preschool with him. I wish I could be a preschool student again… We had SOOO much fun!
We finally got the first rain of the season on Sunday and managed to find some puddles...
Colder weather means soups to me, and I used the leeks, potatoes, and some of the cilantro from the CSA box to make a soup.
Leek Potato Soup with Cilantro and Blue Cheese
- Leeks (I used 3)
- Potatoes (I used about 5 small ones)
- Garlic (I used 4 cloves)
- Cilantro (about 4 or 5 stems)
- Vegetable stock (about 6 cups)
- 2 Blue Cheese Laughing Cow Cheese wedges (I didn’t have any other cheese, but they worked great and added just the right amount of kick)
- Olive oil
- Cut leeks, potatoes, garlic, and cilantro (keep some to garnish the soup) into small pieces and sauté in olive oil for about 5 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock, and cook veggies for about 15 – 20 minutes.
- Puree soup with immersion blender and add blue cheese wedges. Puree some more.
- Season with salt and pepper and garnish with some cilantro.
I served the soup with grilled cheese sandwiches.
Questions: What’s your favorite soup? I love pretty much all soups, but tomato soup made with homegrown tomatoes is probably my favorite. What are some of your favorite things you have been eating lately? I’m still obsessed with pumpkin…