Here is what we got and what we’ll do/did with it:
- Pears – lunches
- Apples – lunches
- Grapes – they are The. Best. Grapes AND they are SEEDLESS!!! Somehow the
toddlerkid declared they are his right away…
- Broccoli – roast
- Sugar pie pumpkin – pumpkin soup
- Beets – roast
- Arugula – salad
- Green kale – kale chips – already eaten; we haven’t had kale chips in quite some time; they were delicious.
- Peppers – used one in a potato, onion scramble, seasoned with salt, pepper, and oregano; used another in some veggie chili; will roast the last one
- Onion – will roast it
Meal 1: Roasted veggies and halibut
Meal 2: Pumpkin soup – I think I’ll cut the pumpkin in half, roast it, and then sauté some veggies, add the pumpkin, veggie stock and spices, and then blend it. Once the soup is done, I’ll stir in some Greek yogurt. I’ll also roast the seeds to add some crunch to the soup.
Meal 3: Juliana’s Panko Crusted Chicken Cutlets – I used to make a very similar dish with bread crumbs quite frequently when the young adult was little (just what Juliana described making back in Brazil). Since I have some panko crumbs, this is perfect! We will have a big salad with the chicken.
Meal 4: Bean soup – from the freezer – I really enjoy all the frozen leftovers in my freezer!!! Not sure why I hadn’t frozen things for such a long time…
Meal 5: Leftovers. I will probably supplement the leftovers with a salad. If there isn’t enough food, I’ll make a grilled cheese sandwich and cut it into fours.
Now on to some fun facts. EA, The Spicy RD awarded me the Versatile Blogger award, and I’m supposed to share 7 things about myself with you. Thanks, EA! EA is an RD and writes a blog I very much enjoy with healthy living tips and great gluten-free recipes.
So here are 7 things about me you may not know:
- I don’t like scary movies AT ALL.
- I once made myself fall asleep during a scary movie at the movie theater.
- I used to seriously dislike sweets and chocolate when I was little.
- Unfortunately, my dislike for sweets and chocolate has been changing as I’ve been getting older…
- I really enjoy Bravo t.v. shows when I want to relax and take my mind off of things.
- I am an early morning person and am usually up by 4:30 a.m.
- I am also often asleep very, very early…
Questions: What’s on your menu this week? Did you have any Halloween fun over the weekend? What’s one fun fact about yourself you’d like to share with us?