- Curried Carrot Soup – a recipe from the Conscious Cleanse book – it’s one of our favorites
- Green Soup – I basically came up with this recipe by cleaning out my fridge, but it’s delicious.
- Here is a post that shows what I ate on one day during a previous Conscience Cleanse. I didn’t eat any “treats” that day, but you could add a date or a “ball” (dates, nuts and other yummy ingredients) or two from the Conscious Cleanse book for a little sweet, delicious treat.
A few weeks ago, I started making a brown rice/broccoli salad with a cilantro dressing, and we all like it. It is a cleanse-friendly recipe. I also made the recipe with Romanesco from our CSA box a few times, and we like it even better with Romanesco, but I can’t always find it.
Brown Rice Broccoli Salad with Cilantro Dressing
- 2 cups cooked, warm brown rice
- 2 heads broccoli, cut into small pieces and lightly steamed (I like it to have some bite), still warm
- 1/2 cucumber, cut in half and sliced, sprinkled with salt
- 3 T rice vinegar (make sure it does not have added sugar)
- 3 T avocado oil
- 1 t salt
- 1/4 t pepper
- Cilantro leaves from about 5 stems (if you don’t like cilantro, basil would be a good substitute but tastes totally different; you can also increase the amount of cilantro leaves for a stronger flavor)
- 1/2 to 1 small garlic clove (optional)
- Cook the rice and broccoli and keep them warm.
- Put the vinegar, oil, salt, pepper, cilantro leaves, and garlic into a small food processor and process until smooth.
- Pour the dressing over the warm rice and broccoli and let marinate and cool. Then add the cucumber slices and mix. Refrigerate for a few hours.
The next Conscious Cleanse starts on April 5, and registration closes on Monday, March 31. Click here for more information and to register.
Questions: Do you usually follow recipes, or do you make things up as you cook? Do you like cilantro? I like it a lot, but my sister hates it and won't eat anything that has any in it, even if it's just a little...