I started making vegetable-based soups every week when I did the Conscious Cleanse for the first time a little over a year ago, and this recipe would be suitable while you are cleansing. But it’s a delicious soup anytime and you can feel good about getting lots and lots of greens.
While I make similar soups most weeks, this combo worked out really well as it’s nice and balanced. And I was really just cleaning out the fridge…
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 celery stalks, chopped
- 2 heads of broccoli, chopped
- 1 small bunch collard greens, taken off the stem and chopped
- 1 small bunch Swiss chards, taken off the stem and chopped
- 6 cups vegetable broth – more broth if you like your soup soupier
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Olive oil
- Heat the olive oil in a medium pot and add the onions when the oil is hot and cook for a few minutes.
- Add the broccoli, collard greens, and Swiss chard and sauté for about 5 minutes, stirring a few times.
- Add the vegetable broth and simmer the soup for about 20 minutes.
- Turn off the heat and puree the soup with an immersion blender.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
If you follow me on Instagram, you may already know that we visited the Star Wars Exhibit on Friday afternoon. We all loved it, and it was the highlight of our weekend.
Questions: What’s your favorite way to get get your green vegetables? I love green smoothies and soups, and I never get tired of salads. What was the highlight of your weekend?