Yes, it does. It tastes very good. We haven’t made white rice in years (much to the disappointment of hubby and the teenager,) and it was a nice change. It’s done very quickly, in about 15 minutes.
I decided to use the rice to make some fried rice for hubby’s and the toddler’s lunch boxes.
- 1 box Uncle Ben’s Whole Grain White Rice, cooked according to the package
- Olive oil
- 1 organic beef hot dog made with 100% grass-fed beef, cut into small pieces
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 carrots, cut into half moons
- 3 celery stalks, cut into three strips each and then sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas
- Sesame oil
- Sesame seeds
- Soy sauce
- Rice vinegar
- Spray a wok or frying pan with some olive oil over medium high heat.
- Once the oil is hot, add the onion, carrots, celery. Cook for about 3 minutes, until the veggies start to soften.
- Add the hot dog and cook another 5 minutes, until the hot dog browns a bit.
- Add the rice and the frozen peas and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Season the rice with sesame oil, sesame seeds, soy sauce, and rice vinegar to taste.
Servings: About 3
Question: What did you have/will you have for lunch today?