Here is what we got, and what we did/will do with it:
- Pears – They are just slightly soft, which is the perfect ripeness for me. We already ate all but one.
- Apples – We already ate them all. Actually, the toddler insisted that they were “his apples,” but he shared a few slices…
- Minneola Tangelos – Hubby and the toddler each took one in their lunch today. I’m sure we’ll eat the rest soon.
- Leeks – I used the leeks in my “clean out the fridge soup.”
- Red Kale – I made kale chips. Unfortunately, there was no time to take a picture as we were so excited to eat them!
- Carrots – They went into my “clean out the fridge soup.”
- Cauliflower – I cooked the florets in a bit of vegetable broth until they were soft. Then I smashed them up and added a wedge of laughing cow blue cheese.
- Leaf Lettuce – We ate the lettuce dressed in a simple vinaigrette.
- Radicchio – We’ll have the radicchio tonight.
- Onion – It went into the “clean out the fridge soup.”
- Leftover butternut squash
- Vegetable broth
- Frozen garlic, cilantro, and basil cubes
- Salt and pepper
I pureed the soup when it was done, but I had a cup chunky, and it was really good, too.
Here are some photos of the winter sky around noon on Friday. I loved the moon and how “spooky” the sky looked.
Questions: What was the favorite thing you ate over the weekend? We loved the salad from the CSA box. Did you do anything exciting over the weekend? We hiked to a nearby animal farm. It was quite cold (low 30s, which is cold for us, especially since we don’t have “real” winter clothes…), but it was lots of fun.