Meals for the week:
Vegetable Curry, brown rice, and naan(this turned out to be Monday’s dinner)
- Quesadillas with Greek yogurt, salsa, & avocados and arugula salad
- (Almost) homemade potato and brie pizza (I bought whole wheat pizza dough at Trader Joe’s) & mixed salad
- Homemade organic chicken strips, baked sweet potato fries, and mache salad
- Salmon, rice, and spinach salad with avocado
- Olive oil (to coat the bottom of the pot; I used my Misto spray bottle to use less oil)
- 1 small butternut squash, cut into small cubes
- 1 onion, cubed
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 9 small fingerling potatoes, diced
- Half a package of frozen peas
- Trader Joe’s Curry simmer sauce
- 2 frozen garlic cubes
- 2 frozen cilantro cubes
- 3 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- Cilantro, chopped
- Heat some olive oil in a pot (I sprayed my pot with my Misto bottle).
- Add the onions and sauté a few minutes.
- Add the butternut squash, carrots, and potatoes and sauté the vegetables for about 5 minutes.
- Add the Curry simmer sauce and the frozen garlic and cilantro cubes to the pot and lower the heat. Simmer the vegetables until they are done, about 15 minutes.
- Take the pot off the heat and add the frozen peas.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt and top with chopped, fresh cilantro.
Questions: Do you plan meals? If so, do you have any tricks? I have been planning meals on and off for years now. Last year I got tired of planning meals and found it too restricting. By not planning meals for a specific night, I am excited again about meal planning as it feels more like I can choose what to make. Plus, I usually make enough so that there are leftovers, and I LOVE leftovers. Do you like Indian food? If so, what’s your favorite Indian dish?