We got another great CSA box today. Here is what we got and what I’m planning to do with it all:
- Lettuce – dinner tonight
- Broccoli – I think we’ll eat it raw, part tonight and the rest over the weekend
- Onion – I will probably use it in a stir fry
- Tomatoes – I could eat them all right now all by myself… However, I won’t. We’ll eat some of them with mozzarella and basil. The others I will use to make a cucumber/tomato/feta salad.
- Apples, Plums, & Pears– We’ll eat them over the next few days as a snack.
- Cucumbers – I’ll slice part of one up to add to my water pitcher with some lemon slices to make cucumber/lemon water. The rest I’ll use in a cucumber/tomato/feta salad.
- Sweet peppers – I’ll probably use them in a stir fry with onions and mushrooms.
- Spicy peppers – Not sure what to do with them. Do you have any suggestions???
- Figs – they were really, really ripe, and we ate them as soon as we opened the box. They were delicious but certainly had to be eaten right away. Not that I’m complaining or anything… :-)
Questions: Do you have any “spicy pepper suggestions” for me? What are your weekend plans? What will you be eating and drinking?