Farmers’ Market Trip #1
What we got:
- Raw milk (for my thoughts on raw milk and raw milk products you can read my post here)
- Raw milk cheese
- Yellow and red bell peppers
- Green and red grapes – they were delicious, sweet, and firm
- Nectarines – they were juicy and flavorful
- Marinated tofu – a little shortcut. The tofu is organic and tastes great. I love adding it to some stir fried veggies for a quick, delicious meal.
We ate the veggies with the marinated tofu and a grain mixture. Fast, simple, and good.
We also had some sautéed salmon and a simple salad. I sautéed the salmon in some olive oil on both sides. Then I added the juice of two lemons over the salmon pieces. I seasoned the salmon with salt, pepper, and dried dill. When the salmon was almost done, I melted a small piece of butter on the top.
Farmers’ Market Trip #2
Here is what we got:
- Salad mixture with edible flowers – I love the salad mixture and buy it whenever I can. It has about seven different greens in it and is really fresh. Plus, the edible flowers are so pretty.
- Corn – The “corn guy” has THE BEST corn. He said he’ll be at the market two more weeks; I’ll miss the wide variety of fresh, local produce. But I have to remember that we are quite lucky here in California as there is some local produce year round…
- Baby bok choy
- Grapes – They were even better than the grapes from trip #1!
- Figs – They are quite ripe and will have to be eaten fast. I’m volunteering… :-)
- Red and white radishes – They are sooo good with the salad mixture.
Questions: What was the highlight of your weekend? I really enjoyed our Farmers’ Market trips. What summer produce will you miss most? I will miss tomatoes the most (my favorite food ever). I’ll also miss sweet grapes and juicy stone fruit.