And I found that I very much enjoy a simple rice pudding made with the leftover rice. Plus, it’s quick and comes together in ten minutes.
Chocolaty Black Rice Breakfast Pudding
- 1 cup leftover black rice (or other rice)
- 1/4 cup liquid (milk, almond milk, or a mixture of milk and water) – if the rice is very dry, add some more liquid
- 1/2 tsp Chocolate NuStevia, more if you like it extra sweet and chocolaty
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbs dried fruit (I used one date, chopped)
- 1 Tbs nuts (I used raw cashews, chopped)
- Add the liquid and the rice to a saucepan and heat over medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the chocolate NuStevia drops, cinnamon, and dried fruit and mix well. Cook for a few more minutes so that the flavors come together.
- Serve and top with nuts.
It’s certainly not the prettiest dish in the world, but the rice pudding has a slight chocolate flavor, and I very much enjoy the different textures of the rice, the date pieces, and the nuts.
New NuStevia Products & Giveaway
A few weeks ago, NuStevia contacted me to let me know about their new flavors:
- Lemon NuStevia Liquid
- Orange NuStevia Liquid
- Peppermint NuStevia Liquid
- Chocolate NuStevia Liquid
- PreSweet Tagatose, an all-natural sweetener alternative
NuNaturals has offered a generous giveaway to (4) four of my readers anywhere in the world, and each will receive the following: one bottle of each of the Lemon / Orange / Peppermint Flavored Stevia Liquids, plus the new chocolate stevia liquid.
Currently, NuNaturals has some great deals online. At the checkout page, enter discount code BLG0613 and you’ll receive a 15% discount on your entire order. This discount remains effective until June 30, 2013. Online customers also receive free shipping to the continental U.S. on all orders exceeding $35.00 after discounts.
How to Enter:
Each of the following, will get you one entry:
- Leave a comment and let me know which flavor you are most excited to try.
- Like Andrea’s Wellness Notes’ Facebook Page. Leave a comment to let me know you did.
- Like NuNaturals’ Facebook Page. Leave a comment to let me know you did.
- Tweet about the giveaway. Leave a comment to let me know you did.