I recently received three bottles of Crisco Olive Oil through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program.
The three oils serve different purposes, and the Extra Virgin Olive Oil was perfect for the carpaccio, and we really enjoyed the taste of the olive oil in the dish. I look forward to trying the other oils for baking, sautéing, and in marinades.
- 2 small zucchini, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- Capers, to taste
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Arrange the zucchini slices on a plate.
- Evenly distribute the garlic slices on top of the zucchini slices.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and olive oil.
- Top with capers to taste.
- Let the dish marinate in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
Prep Time: 10 minutes (plus at least 1 hour to marinate)
This is quite a “garlicy” dish, but I loved it. It was definitely too strong for the toddler however…
I have enjoyed updating my Facebook page and have posted my weekly meals and workouts there. I will still post my weekly meals on the blog when time allows, but posting them on Facebook is a lot quicker. If you like, join the conversation! Click here to head over there.
Questions: Have you ever made a vegetable carpaccio dish? If so, did you like it? Do you like capers? I used to not like capers at all when I was younger, but now I enjoy them a lot.