Here are some things I learned during our recent trip to San Diego:
- It’s okay to not exercise for a week. Walking, swimming, and chasing after the toddler kept me moving enough. In fact, the break from exercising allowed my body to recover, and I enjoy my workouts a lot more again. Yes, there were moments of guilt, but I was able to let go – it felt good!
- Drinking a glass of champagne with lunch feels really nice! :) And the beer and some wine weren’t bad either… Spread throughout the vacation; not all during the lunch! :)
- It’s not “all or nothing.” Pairing a small portion of pretty much anything with a plain salad (dressed with lemon juice if nothing else is available; in fact, I carried a lemon in my purse!) left me feeling satisfied yet “good” for most meals.
- Most restaurant breakfasts aren’t worth it. I still can’t figure out how it’s possible to mess up oatmeal so badly… And hubby’s breakfasts were too “beige” – neither visually appealing nor tasty…
- Bring plenty of water, fruits, and healthy snacks. They “saved” us on numerous occasions!
- Be flexible – sometimes “perfect” doesn’t happen. Just create a “new perfect.”