For a few weeks, I have been making brown or black rice and was ready for a change. I looked through the cupboard and found some quinoa but wasn’t in the mood for plain quinoa. So I decided to spice it up and also add some peas to make it a bit more interesting.
Curried Quinoa with Peas
- 1 cup quinoa
- 2 cups water
- Curry powder, about 1 tsp
- Cardamom, about 1/4 tsp or less
- Turmeric, about 1/2 tsp
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- 1.5 cups frozen peas, defrosted in cold water
- Put the water and the quinoa in a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add the curry powder, cardamom, turmeric, salt, and pepper and stir well.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for about 15 minutes until the water is absorbed.
- Add the peas and let them heat through.
- Serve & enjoy, either warm or cold.
Questions: What’s your favorite grain at the moment? What’s your favorite quinoa dish?