We have spent the last few weeks traveling with him, soaking in every minute, as we know that he won’t want to spend every minute of the day with us forever… We were also fortunate to get to spend lots of quality time with family.
My summer exercise routine has been sporadic at best. I was rear ended in June and had to refrain from exercising for a while. When I was better, I went on a hike with a friend and managed to fall and twist my left ankle, injure my right knee, and bruise my left thumb. The injuries took weeks to heal. In the meantime, we went on vacation and walked a lot, but that was pretty much it for exercise. I’m really looking forward to getting back into an exercise routine.
Once we got back from vacation, we were greeted by lots and lots of tomatoes. Thanks brother-in-law for taking such great care of our flowers & veggies!!! I have been enjoying tomatoes every day. I love eating them like an apple, in a caprese salad, in tomato soup…
Simple, Rustic Tomato Soup
- 8-10 large tomatoes, cut into chunks
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 cups of basil leaves
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt
- Olive oil
- Heat oil in a pot and add the onions. Sauté for a few minutes, and then add the tomatoes and sauté for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and basil leaves, lower the heat, and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Puree the soup (I used a handheld food processor).
- Add the Greek yogurt and puree until mixed in evenly.