Thursday, March 1, 2018

A Sentence a Day: February 2018

I first joined Sarah and Leslie in writing one sentence a day in January 2017, and I wrote one sentence a day through November 2017. Then I took a little break in December and January, partly because we went to Germany in December to visit my parents and things were very hectic and difficult. While we were in Germany, my father-in-law suffered another stroke, so January was very difficult as well. But I'm really glad that I'm back writing and blogging a bit this month. And I guess I'm trying to make up for all the missed sentences as many of my sentences this month are very long and don't necessarily follow grammatical conventions...

Thursday, February 1, 2018
I started the day with a barre class, got lots of grading and prep work done, went on a long walk and then powered through my 3-hour evening class, which left me quite wired.

Friday, February 2, 2018
I was up bright and early for office hours and to teach my 3-hour morning class and am very proud that I made it to an afternoon barre class (I mainly went because I'm quite behind in the barre challenge I'm participating in as I was very sick all of last week).

Saturday, February 3, 2018
While Andy visited his dad in the nursing home, I got a call from my mom that my dad was hospitalized because they couldn't get his blood pressure under control, but he seems to be fine now; I'm very thankful that we went on a long hike in the afternoon, which was much needed stress relief.

Sunday, February 4, 2018
I started the day with a barre class and talked to my mom (my dad seems fine), and then we walked to a Korean BBQ restaurant that's two miles away and really enjoyed the food, the nice weather, and the conversation.

Monday, February 5, 2018
I'm still busy catching up on my barre challenge, so I started the day with another barre class, called my mom to check on my dad (he seems okay), then did a lot of grading and prep work and finally "rewarded" myself with some yard work, cleaning and making zoodles for dinner.

Tuesday, February 6, 2018
My dad had a bunch of tests done, his medication has been adjusted and he has been released from the hospital; hopefully, things will stay calm for a while on that front as we are still trying to figure out things with Andy's dad.

Wednesday, February 7, 2018
After ten barre classes in a row, I decided it was time for a break, and I loved having a bit more time in the morning.

Thursday, February 8, 2018
I got a haircut today.

Friday, February 9, 2018
After an early morning barre class, office hours, followed by a 3-hour class, we headed up to San Francisco to the Opening Gala of San Francisco Beer Week; it was especially fun catching up with people we hadn't seen in quite some time.

Saturday, February 10, 2018
Andy had a really hard time with his dad in the morning, and we were thankful to go to downtown San Jose to the beerwalk and enjoyed seeing all the wall art in the afternoon.
Sunday, February 11, 2018
We went on a hilly 4.5 mile hike.

Monday, February 12, 2018
I woke up with a scratchy throat and a bit of a runny nose (hopefully it won't get worse!!!), but I made it to my 20th barre class of the challenge (level 1 completed); I'm not done yet as the level 2 challenge is 25 classes.

Tuesday, February 13, 2018
I'm still fighting this cold, but - knock on wood - it's not too bad (nothing compared to what I had in January when I couldn't get out of bed for a week).

Wednesday, February 14, 2018
I skipped barre class due to my cold and made the boys croissants for breakfast.

Thursday, February 15, 2018
Since I have been resting a lot this week to fight this cold, it's a super busy day catching up on work projects.

Friday, February 16, 2018
I was off today, so I went to lunch at the Whole Foods Salad Bar (since I never go, I had no idea how expensive it can get...) and enjoyed my lunch in the sunshine.

Saturday, February 17, 2018
We visited Andy's dad for 2.5 hours in the morning and spent a lot of time trying to get the CNAs to put him in a wheelchair via a Hoyer lift; it was nice to be able to wheel him outside in the sunshine for a bit, but he really couldn't tolerate sitting for very long.

Sunday, February 18, 2018
I got up bright and early and drove to the Sacramento area for a barre class, coffee, lunch, a bit of shopping, and a long talk with my friend Lara; it was truly a perfect morning/early afternoon.

Monday, February 19, 2018
I did barre class 24/25, did a couple hours of grading, went out to lunch and then to Costco.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018
It was a very busy day with lots of grading and prep work, but I also cleaned out several sections of my closet, which was long overdue and felt very good! (I also finished the barre class challenge!!!).

Wednesday, February 21, 2018
Another busy day of grading, but I also made time to go on a hike with the kid who is on break, and I continued to clean out my closet.

Thursday, February 22, 2018
I was super busy grading and getting ready for my classes.
Friday, February 23, 2018
We drove to the Central Coast in the afternoon and stopped in Gilroy on the way, where we found this cute wall.

Saturday, February 24, 2018
We went for a walk on the beach; it was quite windy and cold, but still relaxing.

Sunday, February 25, 2018
We enjoyed brunch with a view before we drove back home.

Monday, February 26, 2018
While I love weekends away, they also makes Mondays even more hectic than they already are...

Tuesday, February 27, 2018
Today was another super busy day, working on several projects and trying to get all those midterms graded...

Wednesday, February 28, 2018
Still trying to catch up on grading and work projects...

Click here to check out the fabulous bloggers I’m linking up with.

Be well,