- starting the new year off the best you can in January
- welcoming spring by eating fresher foods after a few too many heavier winter meals
- getting ready for summer in June
- cleaning things up before the fall and winter holidays so that you can truly enjoy the holiday season, feeling your best.
While there are always benefits to cleansing, I have found that summer cleanses are more “natural” for me and are easier for several reasons:
- When it’s warm, it feels natural to start the day with a big, 32 ounce green smoothie
- I gravitate more toward raw foods and salads when it’s warm or hot outside
- Fresh fruits and veggies are at their peak and cheaper than other times of the year
- While summer food can be very healthy (think fresh fruits and veggies – perfect cleanse foods!), there are also many bbq’s, parties, ice cream and other indulgences that don’t make us feel our best. A cleanse is a great way to focus on the healthy, delicious summer fruits and veggies.
Questions: Do you find it easier to eat healthier in summer? What are some areas of your diet you could “clean up” a bit right now?