Years ago, one of my favorite desserts was fruit cobbler, especially peach cobbler. But it was definitely a splurge food, containing lots of sugar, butter, flour, and eggs.
Eating healthy doesn’t mean you can’t enjoy the flavors of your favorite dishes. You just have to modify the dishes a bit. I therefore experimented with making a raw peach cobbler. This one is definitely a winner – flavorful, yet healthy and “clean.” It may not be the ideal food while you are cleansing as it combines nuts and fruits, but it’s a good choice while getting ready for a cleanse or the rest of the year.
Raw Peach Cobbler
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup raisins – I used Trader Joe’s raisin medley – make sure the raisin you buy don’t have added sugar!
- 1 tablespoon nut butter – I used raw almond butter
- 1/3 – 1/2 cup pecans
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- a pinch of salt
- 4 peaches
- 1 –2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Slice three peaches into bite-size pieces and layer them into small serving dishes.
- Take the pit out of one peach and process it in a food processor with the lemon juice.
- Spread the pureed peach over the layered peaches.
- Puree the raisins, nut butter, cinnamon, salt, and pecans in the food processor until the mixture is crumbly.
- Crumble the raisin/nut mixture over the peaches.
- Put the cobbler into the fridge for at least 30 minutes so it can set.
The next Conscious Cleanse starts on August 2. For more information and to register, click here.
Questions: What’s your favorite summer fruit? Do you like cobbler? Did you ever make raw desserts? If so, what’s your favorite?