Spicy BBQ Slow Cooker Chicken
It’s been very hot, and I have been trying to keep the house cool by not adding heat from the kitchen. While I love lots of salads, smoothies, and raw foods, I wanted to make some chicken, so I decided to use the slow cooker. It was a great decision as the house stayed cool, and I have been enjoying a little bit of the chicken on my salads. Hubby and the kid have been eating the chicken with corn tortillas. It’s not a pretty dish though, and I actually didn’t take a picture.
I used the first jalapeno from our jalapeno plants in this dish. We’ll have lots of jalapenos soon, and I’m trying to figure out what to do with them.
- 1.5 – 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2/3 cup organic ketchup
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 Tbs Dijon mustard
- 1 Tbs Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tsp Cayenne pepper
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely chopped
- 1/2 Tsp salt
- 1/2 Tsp pepper
- Layer the chopped onion on the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Lay the chicken on the onions.
- Whisk together the ketchup, vinegar, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, garlic, Cayenne pepper, jalapeno pepper, salt and pepper.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cook on low for 4 to 5 house, until the chicken falls apart easily when pulled with two forks. Don’t overcook.