- Cucumbers, 2 salad cucumbers or 12-15 Persian or pickling cucumbers [The advantage of using pickling or Persian cucumbers is that they have less water. If using salad cucumbers, it is a good idea to put them in a colander and sprinkle them with salt to drain some of the water out of them. Otherwise the salad will be too watery.]
- Salt, if using salad cucumbers
- 2 scallions, finely chopped
- 2 garlic coves, minced
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp Korean chili powder
- 2 tsp sesame seeds
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp gochujang (Korean chili paste)
- 1 tsp sugar
- Cut the cucumbers lengthwise into thin slices. [If using salad cucumbers, put them into a colander, sprinkle them with salt, and let them sit for 30 minutes. Then rinse them with water and gently squeeze them dry with a dish towel.]
- In a bowl, mix the spring onions, garlic, vinegar, salt, and chili powder. Then add the sesame seeds, sesame oil, chili paste, and sugar.
- Coat the cucumber slices with the dressing. Refrigerate before serving.
Questions: Do you like cucumbers? If so, what’s your favorite way to eat them?