I hope the first few days of the new year have been good ones! I have been busy trying to bring some order back into my life and to clean things up a bit. I don’t usually make big resolutions at the beginning of a new year, but it is a nice reminder of how “things should/could be in a perfect world.” I also start teaching new classes next week, and so being especially organized is important. Here are some of the organization projects I tackled over the last few days:
- Sorted through clothes and donated anything that didn’t look good and didn’t make me feel good – felt soooo good!
- Organized clothes so that I can easily pull outfits together
- Organized jewelry and made it more accessible
- Sorted through my spices (and noticed that most of them had been expired for many months and some even years – big oops!)
- Made hubby install a new spice rack for the spices I use the most
- Used up most contents from freezer and pantry for meals – I’m very proud that I was able to cook healthy meals with practically “no groceries” in the house for an entire week
We got another CSA box. I love all the leafy greens, especially since my diet is in need of some “cleaning up,” too. I see quite a few green juices and green smoothies in my future, especially as there are still several frozen bananas in the freezer. I also bought a couple cucumbers for juicing. The tangerines can add some sweetness to the juices and smoothies.
Questions: Did you make New Year’s resolutions? If so, what are they? How often do you sort through your spices? I clearly don’t do it often enough! I’ll be better about it!