Mini Turkey Pot Pies with a Mashed Potato Crust
- Leftover turkey, cut into small pieces
- Mushrooms, sliced
- Peas (frozen and thawed peas work very well)
- A little half and half (or stock to make it lower calorie)
- Leftover mashed potatoes (this year I’ll be experimenting with smashed sweet potatoes)
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Sauté mushrooms in a little oil for a few minutes.
- Add frozen peas and turkey meat.
- Add a few tablespoons half and half (or stock).
- Season mixture with a little salt and pepper
- Fill small ramekins 3/4 with the turkey/mushroom/pea mixture.
- Top with mashed potatoes.
- Bake in a 375 degree oven for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes have a nice golden color.
It’s a really quick and simple way to turn “boring” leftovers into something new and “exciting.”
If you are celebrating Thanksgiving on Thursday, I wish you a happy and stress-free holiday. I hope you’ll enjoy some good food and some good company and that your house will be filled with fun and laughter.
Questions: Do you like Thanksgiving leftovers? What’s your favorite way to eat them? Feel free to link to your favorite recipes.