Smashed Sweet Potatoes
- 5 – 6 sweet potatoes
- Butter, about 1 – 2 tablespoons
- Cheddar cheese (or any cheese you like), about 2 tablespoons (more if you feel particularly “cheesy”)
- Salt & pepper, to taste
- Wash the sweet potatoes and poke them with a fork several times.
- Put the potatoes in the microwave and cook them until they are soft. (Three medium sized potatoes cook in the microwave in about 6 minutes.)
- Once the potatoes are cooled a bit, peel the skin and cut the potatoes into small pieces.
- Smash the warm potatoes with a potato smasher.
- Add the butter and the cheese and season with salt and pepper.
- Reheat the dish in the microwave before serving.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
A super easy and quick dish that’s also very tasty.
In other news, I recently decided to moderate comments. So if you leave a comment and you don’t see it right away, that’s why.
Question: Which part of the Thanksgiving meal are you looking forward to most? I’m really looking forward to the smashed sweet potatoes. I’m also looking forward to pumpkin pie.