Roasted Pumpkin Soup with Roasted Pumpkin Seeds
- 1 sugar pie pumpkin
- Vegetable stock
- Salt & pepper to taste
- Curry powder to taste
- Greek yogurt
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut pumpkin in half, take out the seeds, wash and dry them.
- Cut each pumpkin half into small pieces and coat them with olive oil, salt, and pepper.
- Coat pumpkin seeds with olive oil, salt, pepper, & curry powder and set aside.
- Put pumpkin pieces onto a cookie sheet and bake for 30 minutes.
- Turn pumpkin pieces over and add seeds to the cookie sheet.
- Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes, until pumpkin pieces are soft and seeds are browned.
- Puree pumpkin with several cups of vegetable stock in a food processor. Add liquid until the soup is just a bit “soupier” than desired, as the yogurt will thicken it.
- Season the soup with salt, pepper, and curry powder (a little curry powder goes a long way).
- Stir in a few tablespoons of Greek yogurt.
Questions: Do you like pumpkin? Or are you “over” it already this season? If not, what’s your favorite way to eat it?