We headed to the park where the toddler “discovered” picking flowers.
We also checked out a new to us Farmers’ Market in Sunnyvale. We liked the selection but it was quite crowded by the time we got there, especially the prepared food vendors (which looked and smelled amazing!) so we opted to eat something at home.
We sampled and bought the best apples ever. I have honestly never eaten better apples. They are crisp and incredibly sweet. Soooo good!
Here is everything we got.
Lunch was inspired by the German restaurant we passed on the way to the Farmers’ market; it turned out quite “Bavarian.”
Last week, Hyosun from eating and living passed on the Stylish Blogger Award to me.
Thank you, Hyosun! Hyosun writes a wonderful Korean food blog. If you’ve read my blog for a while, you’ll know that I love Korean food and sometimes make “Korean fusion dishes.” If you are looking for “real” Korean food as well as interesting background information of many dishes, you’ll have to check out eating and living!
I’m supposed to share seven things about myself with you.
- I’m an early, early morning person. I’m often up before 4:00 a.m., doing work, catching up on e-mails, and blogging. It’s amazing how much you can accomplish before 7!
- I sometimes go to bed when the toddler goes to bed… I guess this comes with #1!
- I’ve enjoyed being physically active my entire life, but I used to seriously dislike P.E. in school. I was always taller than everyone and often felt terribly uncoordinated and klutzy.
- I grew up skiing every winter and loved it. It was my bonding time with my dad. The teenager has been skiing since he was little and skied with my dad over the past winter break. I’m so grateful that they got to spend time skiing together. Sadly, we have yet to take the toddler to see snow. But it’s on our “list!”
- I don’t like scary movies and make myself fall asleep when I see one. I even did this in a movie theater once…
- I eat the same breakfast almost every morning: oatmeal, nonfat Greek yogurt, and walnuts.
- San Diego is one of my favorite cities, and we are even considering moving there one day.
Questions: What was the highlight of your weekend? What is one thing we may not know about you?