On Friday, we got our CSA box.
Here is what we got and what I plan to do/did with it:
- Cranberries – I’ve been enjoying the leftover cranberry sauce from Thanksgiving in my oatmeal, so I think I’ll make some more.
- Apples – already eaten.
- Pears – already eaten.
- Beets – I roasted them. They were SOOOOOOOOO good!!!!
- Spinach – I made a spinach salad.
- Bok Choy – I’ll make a stir fry with it.
- Acorn Squash – I don’t think I’ve ever cooked an acorn squash. I think I’ll roast it. I think I may have seen a recipe for stuffed acorn squash somewhere. If I can find it, I may make that… Do you have an acorn squash recipe I should try? If so, please link to/point me to it in the comments.
- Baby Mixed Lettuces – I used them in a simple salad. As always, the salad tasted very fresh.
- Celery – I’ll use it in a stir fry.
- Carrots – already eaten by the toddler. He loves the CSA carrots.
- Yams – I roasted them.
Here are the yams and beets before I put them into the oven to roast them. We were all too excited to take a picture once they were done!
Yesterday it rained for most of the day, so we didn’t get to spend much time outside. Today was a beautiful day, and we took advantage of the beautiful weather by going on a nature hike. The toddler did an amazing job and walked the whole way. He was really tired when we were done and took a nice afternoon nap. Just the way we like it…
After our hike, we went home and had some leek soup, which I had made in the morning. I simply sautéed the leeks with some cilantro, basil, and garlic, added water, salt and pepper, and then pureed the mixture. Actually, the leeks were from the Nov. 12 CSA box, but luckily they had kept really well in the fridge. We also had the lettuces from this week’s CSA box. There was also some bread and cheese. A simple, quick, and healthy lunch.
Questions: What was the highlight of your weekend? What was the favorite thing you ate? And, if you have an acorn squash recipe, please let me know about it!