We joined a CSA almost a year ago, and it was one of the best decisions we have ever made. Here is why (If you are interested, I wrote about how to make a CSA work best for you here):
- Nothing compares to a salad made with ingredients from the box. I have honestly never tasted fresher salad. Last Friday’s salad, made with ingredients from the box: butter lettuce, radishes, cilantro, avocadoes, tomatoes (from the Farmers’ Market). And yes, we are very lucky to get this in November…
- All the veggies really encourage me to make veggies the star of meals. Plus, I find excuses to eat comfort foods for dinner… Baked potato and tomato/cucumber salad.
- Over the last year, I have tried a number of veggies I would have never tried otherwise, such as fava beans.
- Our CSA is really easy to work with and focused on costumer service. They replace items you are not satisfied with (such as a squash that is rotten on the inside) without any problems and make up for it in the next order.
- Getting a box is always like getting a present. Plus, we try to open it as a family whenever we can, and it’s just a lot of fun!