Several weeks ago I was sent some samples of Bertolli pasta sauce through the Foodbuzz Tastemaker program. For weeks the sauce was sitting on my kitchen counter, and I was thinking of making something “great” with it. But somehow, I never got around to planning something “great.”
Today when I was just getting ready to “throw together lunch,” I saw the sauce yet again and decided to use it for a very fast and simple dish. While the dish is extremely simple and fast, it is also quite delicious. I used the Bertolli Arrabbiata sauce, and it had a nice spiciness and went perfectly with the baby peppers and shrimp I paired it with.
- 10 baby sweet peppers, sliced
- 1 green garlic stalk, sliced
- Olive oil
- Cooked, leftover garlic shrimp
- 1 jar Bertolli Arrabbiata sauce
- Juice of 1 lemon
- Brown rice spaghetti
What I Did
- I started by sautéing the peppers and garlic in some olive oil.
- Then I added the pasta sauce and simmered everything for about 12 minutes.
- In the meantime, I boiled the pasta.
- When the pasta was almost done, I took the pasta sauce off the heat and added the leftover shrimp to heat them through.
- Then, I squeezed the juice of one lemon into the sauce.
- Finally, I tossed the cooked pasta with the sauce and added the cilantro.
Yes, this was truly fast food and a great way to use the sauce! The teenager and I each had a portion for lunch, and we both really liked it. And there is plenty left for the “boys” for dinner tonight… I love it when I don’t have to worry about dinner in the late afternoon… :-)
Questions: What’s your favorite “fast food?” What did you have for lunch today?