Originally, I was actually thinking of doing my first vlog, but it’s just not happening right now. The toddler has been sick and I'm “functioning” on way too little sleep… Anyway, here is how I poach eggs. I’m sure there may be better ways out there…
- Bring several inches of water to a boil in a small pot and add a few tablespoons of vinegar.
- In the meantime, carefully crack the eggs individually into cups or ramekins; you want to make sure the yolks stay intact.
- Once the water boils, reduce the temperature so that the water is simmering.
- Carefully slide the eggs into the water. I usually poach two eggs at a time so that I can keep a better eye on them. But I’m sure you could poach more at once.
- For a runny yolk, poach the eggs about 2 minutes. If you like the yolk firmer, poach them a bit longer.
- Take the eggs out of the water with a slotted spoon and carefully place the poached eggs on paper towels to dry them off.
Questions: What’s your favorite way to eat eggs?