In addition to my two or three cans of diet coke a day, I have always drunk lots of water. I like water. I have always liked water even when I LOVED diet coke. About a year ago, I completely stopped drinking diet coke at home and limited myself to only drinking it when we went out or when we were at my in-laws, not more than a can or so a week. At first, it was hard not having my beloved diet coke around anymore. But after a few weeks, I had lost all desire for it and didn't even drink it when we went out anymore!
As I said, I like water, but it can get a bit boring, so I have tried to come up with ways to make it more interesting in a natural way. The following are things that I add to my water to make it more interesting:
- Lemon slices - I just love lemons.
- Cucumber slices - I always have a cucumber around to snack on and to add to my salad or to put on my sandwiches.
- Lemon & cucumber slices - I feel like I am at a spa when I drink this. Plus it looks so pretty when you add lemon and cucumber slices to a glass pitcher with water.
- Orange slices - I just recently tried this one when we didn't have any lemons around. It's good!
- Asian pear slices - I tried this during another desperate moment when the above items weren't available. It was really good!