- There was no anxiety about what I'd be making for dinner as I knew what I'd be making
- I bought all the ingredients for the week's meals on Sunday and haven't been back to the grocery store since! This hasn't happened in a long time. What a time saver!
- When the teenager asked "What's for dinner?" I actually had an answer! It's important to keep the teenager happy... :)
- I cooked several of the meals while the toddler was napping. It's much easier to cook without someone needing your attention all the time...
- Since I took some time to plan what I was going to cook, I made meals I really enjoyed!
You bring the simmer sauce to a simmer and then add whatever vegetables and/or protein you'd like to add. I used potatoes, carrots, onions, and chicken. Then you just simmer everything for about 15-20 minutes. I said it was easy!
We ate the curry with some rice. I gave in and made white rice to make hubby and the teenager happy. I usually make brown rice, but they like white rice better and love me a lot more whenever I make white rice instead of brown rice... :) (I actually prefer the taste and texture of brown rice.) We also had some mache salad with a simple vinaigrette.