While I love going to the gym (on most days), exercising outside, and especially in nature, just seems to have added benefits for my physical and mental well being:
- I always feel a lot calmer after I exercise outside.
- There is a sense that I "got away from it all" that I just don't have after a gym workout.
- I don't have to smell other people who are working out around me.
- I am not tempted to watch T.V. and look at "perfect" bodies that I could end up comparing myself to.
- The air is better.
- I get to see beautiful flowers, trees, and, animals.
- I get to feel the wind in my hair and sunshine on my skin.
- I don't have to wait for a cardio machine.
- I don't have to fight with the locker and worry that it won't open. (It's a long story...)
- I don't have to worry that the annoying trainer will try to sell me his training sessions!